I am developing a new site that will show the stats / rank and achievements capabilities of ORC. If there is any extra features you would like please let me know through the forums :)
In this release: -
- Added a slider to set reflection map update rate
- Added penalties for track cutting (when gaining an advantage)
- Added option to hide steering wheel (in options.json)
- Changed voting system to make the vote easier to pass with AFK players
- Fixed problem where shift+s/shift+r etc were being activated while typing in main racing menu
- Fixed problem where wrong track name was shown when joining multiplayer server
Available in the downloads section
New in this release: -
- Added high frequency force feedback effects
- Reduced force feedback lag
- Added Kerb Vibrations
As I have only one wheel (Logitech G25) it's difficult for me to set good defaults for other wheels. Can drivers with Thrustmaster / Fanatec / Other wheels please let me know how it feels. If you want to have a tweak take a look at the values in the Input section in Documents/OnlineRacingChampionship/options.json
Mostly just an bug-fix release, but with a couple of new features (lobby chat and small physics tweaks)
- Tweaked the default setup
- New lobby chat in the join menu and online (http://onlineracingchampionship.com/chat)
- Updated version of in-game browser for more compatibility (Awesomium)
- Changed password encryption method in order to avoid some people having trouble logging in
- Fixed crash when parsing driver stats
- Fixed potential crash when updating start-lights
- Disabled Tweakbar (F12) while investigating crash
- Fixed bug where 0.00 laptimes could be sent (breaking all records!)
- Fixed crash with non-ascii names (accents etc)
- Fixed the amount of downforce/drag on wing-angle change
- Fixed crash when a shifter reports itself as a force feedback device (wha!?)
- Added a count of available servers
You can download the new version from the normal place. If you have any issues starting it up you can clear your Documents/OnlineRacingChampionship folder to try and start again.
As always please let me know if you have any problems / feedback in our forums: -
We are looking for Alpha testers to test out ORC.
If you would like to try ORC please join us in the Alpha Test Forums
*NOTE* ORC is far from finished, but with your help you can help make it into something special!
We have been working hard recently on less visual things (security / UI / bugs), hence the lack of updates (it's not really a spectator sport). We have also got 8 track layouts for Beltoy Park, here is a video showing two of them.
Look - it moves A couple of laps showing off the latest updates to Beltoy Park, a track created by our artist Nick Ovey. More track updates to come in the next few weeks - we can't wait!
Nick has been working hard on the Beltoy Park track. It's starting to take shape, lots of work to do, especially as it currently doesn't have any shaders, but that will progress soon!
There are quite a few screenshots over at our facebook site
Here is a video showing a full race between Ash and Gregor. It was a close one, only 0.03secs separated them at the line.
We are racing between Northern Ireland and Slovenia, so there are a few hops between us, but we are pretty pleased with the smooth results, we can definitely race closely and it is great fun :)
I can't wait to be racing a full field of cars!
We have been doing some multiplayer tweaking recently and have greatly improved the network smoothing quality. We have had some great races, even with a bit of latency between Northern Ireland and Slovenia. Unfortunately Gregor usually beats me (Ash)! It must be Physics Hacks!
I will make a video of the network play in the next week or so, but for now here is the latest single player video: -
All the best, Ash